2016 VBS -- Important Dates To Know
VBS Volunteer Training Dates:
Thursday, June 9, either 10:00AM or 7:00PM
Sunday, June 5 at 9:00AM, 9:30AM (Youth Only) or 10:30AM
You only need to attend one training session and childcare is provided with advanced RSVP .
If you are interested in volunteering, have questions, or wish to RSVP for training please contact Jen Jarman.
As we begin to prepare for our Cave Quest VBS adventure this summer, we are looking for some key leaders to help coordinate different program areas. VBS can't happen without the support of our volunteers. We strongly encourage ALL parents of students to volunteer in some way, including donating food items. Adults and older youth (7th grade through High School) who are interested in helping should complete the volunteer form. NOTE: Free, onsite childcare will be available during morning and Tween extended day sessions for volunteers’ children under the age of 3. Please include those children on the registration form to reserve their spot.
If you are interested in helping in any of the following ways, please complete a Volunteer Form and forward it to Jen Jarman. Thanks for your support!
- Food Coordinator – Creates the menu for each day, including student and volunteer snacks; coordinates the donation of these items for both the students and volunteers. All work is completed before the start of VBS.
- Kitchen Coordinator – Prepares the corresponding number of student snacks for each day and ensures their delivery to each classroom in a timely manner. Prepares, lays out and cleans up all volunteer snacks each day.
- Decorations Coordinator – Decides on overall decorating theme and gather needed items to decorate for the VBS experience. Would also help set-up on the Sunday (June 19th) after church before the start of VBS and clean-up on the final Friday (June 24th) of VBS.
- Craft Coordinator – Reviews and determines age-appropriate crafts for each age group. Responsible for ordering/ collecting needed craft items and for creating instructions for volunteer leaders to use during VBS.
- Dinner Coordinator – Coordinate, prepare and clean-up dinner for the families who participate in the evening VBS program. (Wednesday evenings only, June 15 – July 13).
- Tech Crew Coordinator – Responsible for all sound needs during weekly VBS program. This includes daily opening and closing assemblies and a Thursday evening celebration program. Would need to be available for training prior to the start of VBS.